The best feeling in the world for a woman is when she becomes a mother. But at the same time, what worries her is the weight gain and the thought if she will be able to look as slim as she was before pregnancy. However, as a fact, postpartum weight loss is a little difficult and also, takes time. But all you need is patience, motivation, hope, and confidence in yourself, and just put effort to reach your goal. Although women think, their life changes after giving birth to a child which is true, you just need to bring a healthy change in your lifestyle or maybe what it was earlier. Therefore, to know how to lose weight continue reading further.
What Is Postpartum Weight Loss?
Postpartum weight loss is the weight loss that women want to lose after giving birth to a child. However, most of the weight is gone in 6 weeks after childbirth which is postpartum. But the problem here is how to lose the rest of the weight that is gained during pregnancy. So, in this, you will be guided by us and know how to lose weight post-pregnancy.
Tips For How You Can Lose Postpartum Weight
During weight loss, it is always important to know what is right and what is wrong for you. So, below are some important and effective tips that will surely, help you to lose weight if followed properly.
1. Eat To Lose Weight
- Make sure you do not skip meals as if you do your body might not get energy further, which will not let the body lose weight.
- Also, eat at least 6 meals instead of 3 large meals, including healthy snacks.
- Make a habit of eating a proper breakfast as it will help you feel energetic the whole day and not tired.
- Always eat slowly and choose fiber rich foods and snacks that have a good amount of protein.
- Moreover, make it a point to drink 10-12 glasses of water a day and avoid soda, artificial juices, or any added sugar beverages.
- Choose baked foods instead of fried ones as they will give you weight gain.
2. Do Not Crash Diet
- Never go on a crash diet or a diet that limits a certain amount of nutrients and foods as the weight dropped after doing this diet will come back to what it was.
- Also, the pounds you lose can be of muscles and not fat which is again not helpful in losing weight.
3. Always Exercise
- If you do any kind of physical activity or a workout along with a healthy diet, it will surely help you lose weight.
- Also, try to move a little every day, or do aerobics as it will help you lose extra fat.
- Do not resist doing any kind of weight-lifting training also.
4. Avoid Alcohol
- Do not drink alcohol post pregnancy as it might end up in weight gain and also affect the health of a baby due to breastfeeding.
- You can, therefore, drink sparkling water or any fresh juice.
5. Get Enough Sleep
- Make sure you take a good amount of sleep as lack of sleep will lead to weight gain.
- Do not compromise your sleep due to any stress or problem, as sleep is an important factor during weight loss.
Postpartum Weight Loss Tips By Dietitian Mac
However, this blog is all about how to lose weight after delivering a child, but let us hear what Dietitian Mac also, has to say on this.
Factual Points To Remember
Sometimes, you have to accept some things in your life which are natural and you can not stop. So, below are such few points that are the facts during and post-pregnancy.
- Weight loss after delivering the baby takes time: According to the research, only 20% of women return to the weight that it was before pregnancy.
- After giving birth to the baby, you tend to lose weight on your own as amniotic fluid, placenta, and other fluids leave your body.
- Also, post-pregnancy, your uterus remains the same size as it was while delivering the child, which further, makes you look fat with maternity legs.
- Moreover, during pregnancy, your knees might experience laxity which tends to reduce later.
- Urinating during exercising, or any activity is not normal, so consult a doctor.
- In most cases, diastasis recti lead to bad posture, and pain in the lower back and makes your core weak which might result in pelvic floor dysfunction.
- Moreover, in some cases, breastfeeding can also, help in weight loss.
- Yes, any kind of workout will surely help you lose weight.
- Taking a good and enough sleep also will help in weight loss after delivery
Foods To Add To Your Diet For Postpartum Weight Loss
Below is the list of foods that you should make sure to add to the post pregnancy weight loss diet plan.
- Lots of fruits, whole grains, protein
- Foods that also, have carbohydrates
- Foods with healthy fats
- Fiber rich foods
- Foods that have nutrients, vitamins like C, zinc, and selenium
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can You Speed Up Your Postpartum Weight Loss?
Well, keep your goals realistic, work out, and substitute unhealthy snacks with healthy ones.
How Much Can You Lose In 1 Month?
Women tend to lose around 9 kg after the birth of a child as around 6kg of weight of a child is gone and the rest are some fluids.
What To Do For Stubborn Postpartum Weight Loss?
For stubborn fat, make it a point to walk, cycle, not sit for more than 45 minutes and eat nutritious foods.
No weight loss is impossible whether during PCOS, thyroid, postpartum weight or call it any until you are ready to work hard for it. However, make sure that you follow the above points and eat healthily. Also, add foods as mentioned in your diet chart as they will further, help you lose weight.
Winters are here and so is your favorite dish Sarson ka saag makki ki roti. Well, if you are been avoiding this dish in the fear of weight gain, then you should definitely read about it and its facts, so that you start relishing it again.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.